The Good Things - Wed, Sep 2, 2020
There must be some pros to this.
I am travelling to Delhi this weekend, and plan to stay there with my family for a bit. And I have a lot of feelings about it. Feelings range on everything from excited to seeing Delhi again since January, to relaxing a little bit at home, to meeting my sister and so much more.
But the feeling that is stronger than all the others is probably sadness. I have a very tricky relationship with my parents, we disagree on almost everything and find it difficult to communicate a lot of the times. My biggest concern is all of adjusting to each others lives after I have stayed away for so long. I wish it was easier but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
I was talking to a couple of my friends about this and both of them were trying to cheer me up about the entire thing and think about the things I want to do. That suggestion really clicked with me and I thought that’s what I want to do. I thought it will be a good idea to list all the things I am looking forward to. And since I write I blog everyday, I thought what better place to list them down.
So here it is, my list of things I am looking forward to when I go back to Delhi. In no particular order, who am I kidding, it’s in a descending order. I will always rate and arrange things in order.
1. I miss my sister. She is my favourite person in the world and I haven’t seen her since January.
2. Taking a break. Living alone is tiring and the pandemic doesn’t help.
3. Home made food ! My mom makes the amazing food ever and I miss onion paranthas.
4. Cooking ! Since I have been living alone I have started enjoying this more and want to learn some family recipes.
5. Delhi again. I am always surprised by how much it has changed every time I go back.
6. Long lost friends. I only talk to them when I go back to Delhi every time.
And much more !
When I started writing down this list, I was surprised with the amount of stuff I am looking forward to. It fills me with a little hope that there is more to the entire visit than I was focusing on. I look forward to checking all these items. Like always, caution is recommended.